Angel Halo Art Yarn

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sacrifices of the Military

I took off the last couple of days of knitting/spinning because my left wrist was giving me a spot of trouble. Today I am back in action in more ways then one.

The recent news of bin Laden's death has got me thinking in a big way about all the many years of effort, time, resources, and sacrifices that the military has made in order to reach their objective. This inspired me to order more supplies for spinning and knitting items for the soldiers and veterans even though I haven't gotten quite all the donations in yet. My small sacrifice for the brave men and women of our Armed Forces.

I was also inspired to go out and run a mile this morning. Something I haven't done in over three years. I ran it in 13 minutes which isn't too shabby but I'd like to get it back down to where I'm running 7 minute miles again. Knitting/Spinning will help me with losing weight (40 calories an hour burned) to reach my personal weight loss goals and also to meet my goal of making at least three items per month to donate.

Your donations to help make non-toxic, handspun yarn into beautiful blankets, prayer shawls, and more to support the mission of Soldier's Angels (www.soldiersangels.com) are very much appreciated.

$5--A hand written card thanking you for your support of this project
$20--The above and a hand knit, 9 by 9, 100% organic washcloth that is spa quality.
$40--A hand written card thanking you for your support of this project and TWO hand knit, 9 by 9, 100% organic washcloths that are spa quality
$50--30 to 35 yards of an original, one of a kind drum carded and handspun art yarn.
$75--65 to 70 yards of an original, one of a kind drum carded and handspun art yarn
$100--135 to 140 yards of an original, one of a kind drum carded and handspun art yarn
Please contact me for donation amounts above $100




No comments:

Post a Comment